I've been thinking for a while about increasing the size of a little elephant pattern I've used. Small gauge wool is much more pleasant to use, in my opinion, so the pattern would need doubling in some way.
I got out some graph paper and started work.
I outlined the pieces as given in the pattern, then doubled the size on another sheet of graph paper. After that, I wrote down the basic pattern in terms of "increase this many here, decrease that many there". Very basic, but it works! So far, anyway.
Mummy elephant is for a birthday present from my friend for her daughter in June. It'll be yellow (like Primrose elephant) with white inner ears. I'm also going to do a baby elephant to go with it - white with yellow inner ears - as a present from me.
I've done about a third of the first side so far. I'll post updates as it goes on.