Thursday 5 April 2012

Mummy Elephant and Grunge Ted

First, a couple of WIP shots.
A pile of ears.  Four of them, because they're doubled up to stiffen them.

Grunge Ted in pieces.  I've been thinking that at this stage, I could change a few things and make a rabbit or a monkey.

And dressed and ready for his photo-call!

I'm really pleased with the way the skull-and-crossbones turned out.  I printed a design, used it as a pattern to cut out the felt and then drew on the details.  You can't see it here, but the felt has silver sparkles on.  And the little safety pins...  *squees*

And here's Mummy Elephant!
There's always been an issue with splaying-out legs.  Not so noticeable in the little ones, but Mummy does tend to sit on her belly.  Here's my solution.
A stitch to draw in the extra fabric between the sets of legs.  A little plastic surgery for Mummy.  It works quite well. 

Mummy Elephant is an order from a friend for her daughter's birthday.  I'm going to make a little elephant in white with yellow ears as the present from me.  Grunge Ted is for her son's nineteenth birthday - my solution as to what to do for a teenage boy when I crochet gifts for everyone.  I hope they like them!

No comments:

Post a Comment